MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Monday, March 31, 2008

Dedicating the Bear

Elijah has another name around our family. He's called "Elijah Bear" and it really suits him. He's like a lovable little teddy bear with wide eyes and soft, light brown hair. That darling lamb (I mean, bear) was dedicated Sunday morning at RiverStone and it touched my heart.

He reached for the microphone and the Bible, so Pastor Tom proclaimed Elijah ready to preach! Tom Roan had a word from God about Elijah - that he would be strong-willed (oh boy - thanks for the warning), but that God would use that strong will to make him a leader and strong in the kingdom. Pastor Mark prayed for the "spirit of Elijah" to fall on him, the spirit of a prophet who proclaims the Lord. He said Elijah had to precede the coming of the Lord and make way for Him. I have no doubt that "my Elijah" will do the same.

Everyone gathered at my house for lunch and we enjoyed having so many relatives here. The party started after church and the last family members left about 11 p.m. --- some party! But, we were celebrating the most precious child in the world. And that takes a long time to do him justice.

3 comments:

Sharliss Jane Arnold said...

So happy you had this wonderful day. I know your heart is full as it should be. As I am laying around most of the day recovering, I pray you too are "being good". I have 32 staple marks down my tummy to remind me to be good for another 6 weeks. Hoping you are relaxing and enjoying that sweet baby boy.

carolineb said...

God gives us beauty for ashes. When I think about all the loss and disappointment you've suffered I'm so glad that God saved back this most excellent baby boy just for you.

Chip B said...

Aren't dedications awesome? It sounds like you had an appropriately wonderful day.