MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Where did that come from?

Have you ever said something fairly profound and then wondered where in the world that wisdom came from? It's called revelation knowledge. If you're a believer, God does that in you. Suddenly, He reveals something out of the blue and you blurt it out. It surprises you. And the person you say it to seems amazed at the depth of your insight. But it's not your insight. It's His.

God's insight was revealed to me today as I was talking to a friend about her fears. It occurred to me (supernaturally) that fear often comes from hiding something. When you try to hide who you really are - your fallacies, your mistakes, your anxieties - there is a fear of being "found out". I've realized that pretenses are couched in fear. What freedom comes when you're transparent!

Have you noticed that people who love you don't stop loving you when they discover a flaw? What a relief or no one would love me! So why do we try to be something we're not? The older I get, the less I try. I've begun to adjust to who I am (finally) and I'm hoping others are adjusting to me too. If they aren't, they don't love me. And if they don't love me, I don't have to be concerned about what they think.

It's a burden lifted when we don't have to work hard at covering our tracks, trying to be someone we aren't. And when we know we're still loved.

No comments: