MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Coldwater Creek and the Cross

One of the best things about losing weight is losing a size or two. My clothes fit better and I even have some new things. I got a $100 gift certificate from Coldwater Creek for my birthday and waited until after Christmas when their online sale was amazing. Today, I got practically a new wardrobe for $100! And their clothes aren't cheap.

Why do we feel like such great successes when we save a lot of money? Hardly anything gives me such exhileration! I paid $25 for a $100 jacket. Now THAT is exciting! And what's more, it's black houndstooth, the material of choice at University of Alabama (in memory of Bear Bryant's infamous hat - I know, so overboard). So, I got a deal AND I am ready to go visit Elle during football season.

But back to the thrill of the hunt - and the victory of a sale. It occurs to me that salvation is FREE and worth everything. Why don't we feel that sense of excitement over THAT savings (and I do mean SAVE-ings!)? Why don't I call up my friends and neighbors and tell them not to miss THAT bargain? It's the most valuable purchase ever made... Jesus dying on the cross for each of us. That's one deal no one should miss.

No comments: