MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Sunday, January 6, 2008

I almost lost my way

Sometimes, God is really entertaining. Just a couple of days before I lost my full time management job, I wrote in this blog that God is faithful and I trust Him. And that I was ready to face the new year with that in mind. I'm sure God was smiling and thinking, "You trust me? You're about to lose your job, so we're going to find out if you trust me."

Interestingly, after the initial shock, I have had a peace about the career change. I wish I could tell you that I haven't given my job another thought - "just leavin' it up to God!" - but the truth is, I think about it all of the time. I plan and plot my next move and network and wonder and update my resume. I've tried to figure out how to make enough money to pay for my daughter's college and how I can manipulate finances in my favor. I've even thought of the demands I would make in a new job negotiation.

Then tonight, something hit me while I was praying at our prayer service at church. It was God - and it wasn't a still, small voice. It was His booming move of the Spirit in my soul. He reminded me of something I'd lost sight of, but have always treasured. Work is a ministry. Marketplace ministry is a crucial mission field. I believe that. I have lived it. I have cherished it. So how can I pursue a job when I'm focused on my needs, yet I know the primary objective is "where do you want me to minister now, Lord? What's next?"

After that, someone was praying for me and simply said to me, "Show her what's next, Lord." This person had no idea I had just lost my job. God was speaking to me again. Directly. He knows what I'm going through and He's encouraging me. He's not worried. He knows what's next.

I'm switching gears. I'm going to let God take care of my finances while I focus on finding a new ministry. I'll bet He has one for me....

3 comments:

carolineb said...

I bet he does, too! You're an amazing resource in the hands of our God.

Mari said...

Glad to find your blog. I'll be praying and will be checking back to see what He's up to!

AtlantaMama said...

You're never out of His hand!! You'll just sit at a different desk and meet a whole new group of people who need your infulence.