MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Coral Anniversary

Did you know that the theme for a 35th wedding anniversary is CORAL? Yeah.... me either. My smart husband knew, however, and he came home last night with lovely coral-colored flowers and a singing card. The card plays "I only have eyes for you...." a song you would only know if you've been married as long as we have. But it was sweet because the picture on the card showed a couple on the beach, and Bob's taking me to the beach next week. He also suggested we find (or buy) a piece of coral to bring home and keep to commemorate our 35 years.

All of that is to say that the thoughtfulness of finding out the right theme, matching the flowers to the theme, writing a sweet love note in the card, finding a card of the beach and so on shows effort. And that's all most women want. We want to know someone thought of us. A lot. We want to know someone made an effort on our behalf. It's not about extravagance.

Sometimes feeling loved is just about getting the right color flowers.

3 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

WHAT? That's funny... I would not have know that.
I'm happy for yall though! Happy Anniversary!!!

AtlantaMama said...

And I totally agree about getting the right color flowers. It's just about SHOWING EFFORT! So thoughtful...

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

What a sweet romance you have! I think Bob wins the Leonard Sutton Husband of the Year Award this year!