MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Friday, February 6, 2009

35 Valentine's

Today, my husband pointed out that we are about to celebrate our 35th Valentine's Day. I immediately searched my memory for the traditional 35th Valentine's Day gift and I believe it's diamonds. At least that's what I've heard....

But besides the diamonds, it really is a significant number of celebrations. It made me realize how blessed I am to have had the same man love me unconditionally for so long. He has been thoughtful and humble. He has been concerned about me and helpful. He has been consistently in love with me - and vice versa.

What I don't know is where the years went. Some of them I don't even remember. Fewer and fewer details are clear. I don't remember specific dates of some events and I have to stop and think about what years we lives in what house.

What I DO know is that Bob has always loved me, since the day we met in college. And I know that's rare and precious. I am also certain it is God's gift to me. We have never had a major fight. We have seldom disagreed. We have always been best friends. And we always will be.

Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie. I look forward to many more.

3 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

Happy 35! That is a big deal. I'm happy for yall. I hope you get to do something special and enjoy this milestone marker in your marriage. I hope you get at least 35 more!!!

Sharliss Jane Arnold said...

Hi Sweetie, I have one thing to add to your list about Bob. During many of those years, he was teaching many young men how to love their wives by example. Just the simple touch, caring words and unconditional love has been huge in many of our marriages. We love you guys and the examples you have taught us way back "in the day" and now we are trying to teach it to others.

Modern Day Hippie said...

i just sat and read your entire blog for like.. 30 minutes...
first- just know i miss sitting on your bed on friday nights (or every night) just chatting about life. you are not alone.
second- you have a very cool take on life.

yep. that's it :)