MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My 6 Quirks

Only 6? I'm sure I have more! But, my daughter tagged me to post 6, so here goes:

1. I don't know why, but when I eat snacks (pretzels, peanuts, grapes, etc.), I always take an even number. Yep. Give me 2. If I get 3, I have to take another. It's weird, I know.
2. I never step on sidewalk cracks. The proverbial breaking of my mother's back is a deep-seated fear. And it applies to painted parking stripes too, btw.
3. Can't stand to leave trash in my car. If there is a cup, a wrapper, a straw cover... it goes in when I do. Period.
4. NO ONE can write in my Bible or my notebooks or on my stuff but ME! I hate for anyone else to mark on my things. My husband has horrible handwriting and I think this started when he began "booggering up" my stuff with his crummy penmanship. He now puts all of my papers in a file and scrawls my name across the file (so I have to throw it away after I clean it out, of course) because if he writes my name on my papers, I hate it. He'll use a red pen or something ugly and mark on something decent and then it's ruined. Can't take it. So, now I am ultra protective of my stuff. No one mark on it or you are toast.
5. My counters are a quirk. I wipe them down constantly. No crumbs, no stains. If you clean the kitchen and don't wipe down the counters, you didn't clean the kitchen!
6. The "no toilet paper panic" quirk: if you're ever trapped in a horrible crisis and can't find any toilet paper, call me. I have some. I'm sure of it. No matter when it is, I have extra rolls in my house. I must have been through some kind of toilet paper roll outage as a child because now I want to make sure I don't run out. I store it in every bathroom and always have a huge supply from Costco's in the closet. I'm set. I don't have to worry.

There are others - like keeping a glass of ice water nearby at all times so I never get thirsty (and it helps my diet) - but you already think I'm weird enough. If you only knew....

4 comments:

AtlantaMama said...

Oh good... you posted your quirks! I knew most of these... Dad does have bad hand writing!! I can understand that.

Chip B said...

I'm with you on even, rounded numbers and clean countertops. I don't think that's quirks ... I think that's normal!

Writeaway said...

Good - two of my quirks are normal. Now what about the other 100 or so I have????

Ali said...

Way to always be prepared with the tp - smart thinking!