MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Thursday, October 9, 2008

The 7th Quirk

I forgot something. And it's important. Like a really big deal important.

I HATE THE BURGER KING MAN!

No, seriously. He is a creepster. And I'm not alone. Being in the advertising and marketing industry, I get professional journals and one of them recently listed the most hated company icons. Burger King Man rated right near the top. Had I voted, he would have been first because I would have voted over and over until he won.

If I see him on TV before going to sleep, I have to watch something else to take his image out of my brain. If I don't, I can imagine his huge plastic face peering into my bedroom window. I would have horrible dreams.

And the commercial where he's in bed with someone? My worst nightmare. I am not kidding. If I woke up and rolled over to see that, it would be the last face I see before I see the face of Jesus. I'd have a heart attack and go on to my reward. And trust me, I'd be right next to the throne for my trouble. Anyone who wakes up with the Burger King Man and dies from shock would have God's deep sympathy and be ushered right to the throne.

How do I know this? Jesus hates the Burger King Man too. He gives Kings a bad name.

7 comments:

Chip B said...

Amen and amen.

AnneMarie said...

Yeah, I'm agreeing. Thanks Mrs. Kay, now I'm gonna have to watch a movie before bed or Ill have a nightmare.

Jennie B said...

I agree. I'm sure he must be on the "Registered Sex Offenders" list in some state. He's creepy. And Burger King isn't good for you anyway.

AtlantaMama said...

he is odd looking...
but you are really freaked out by him more than most. (I've seen her leave the room...)

AtlantaMama said...

I've posted parade pictures... =) Come and see!

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Funny! But I think I have to agree.

Bill Reichart said...

Thanks for leaving a comment over at ProvocativeChurch...as of yesterday the Starbucks people said that they were giving away coffee...probably they are just going to give it away to anyone who comes in and asks. That might be the safe and legal thing to do.

But I am not a lawyer