MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Not Missing My Friends

Don't get me wrong. I really like my friends. But when everyone goes on Spring Break except me, I love it. Here's why:

1. Less traffic. I get to the office faster and then I get everywhere else faster. Nice.
2. Lines are shorter. Fewer people everywhere means shorter lines. Nice.
3. Fewer shoppers. The stores aren't as crowded and the merchandise isn't picked over. Nice.
4. Everything in the evenings is canceled because everyone is out of town. Except me. I'm home watching three nights of American Idol. Nice. (Except for Michael Johns, a real pro with a good voice, who was surprisingly eliminated tonight. If you are just getting back from the beach and haven't watched your Tivo of AI, sorry.)
5. It feels like summer. We stay up late and sleep in a bit. The weather is nice and the routine feels lazy. Nice.
6. Fewer phone calls. Fewer emails. Fewer demands. Fewer requests. Fewer "duties". It's all nice.

So, thanks for the week off at home. I didn't spend a lot of money. I didn't get sunburned. I didn't put lots of miles on my car or eat up a lot of gasoline. I didn't have to find someone to watch my hyper dog and I didn't put anything on my credit card. I didn't eat lots of junk food on the road and I didn't blow a stack of cash eating out every night.

Dave Ramsey would be proud.

Nice.

2 comments:

Chip B said...

Fantastic blog entry. Nice.

It's also great to be at work during spring break. I can get things done without a lot of interruptions. Nice.

AtlantaMama said...

Oh, Dave!!!