MY DARLING BOYS

MY DARLING BOYS

Thursday, December 27, 2007

A New Beginning

Once, when I was young and dreaded getting older, a wise retired college professor said to me, "It's so good to grow older with God." I felt a sense of relief. You mean it gets better as you get older, I thought? You mean knowing God longer is a good thing and not more of the same? Life doesn't become more boring as you age?

What she meant was that the more you know God, the more exciting your spiritual journey becomes as you discover deeper truths. The more insight you have to impart to others. The more blessing you receive as you see God work in and through you. His faithfulness becomes a matter of routine and yet amazement.

So the challenge is to see the drama and wonder in learning more while enjoying the treasures of being wiser. Now I get it.

1 comment:

AtlantaMama said...

Yea... it's not like you did all you could do at 25 and then it was just down hill. Life becomes continually more exciting and especially as we grow in our understanding of the things of God's Kingdom. I agree. Getting older is very different (in a good way) than what I thought it would be when I was little.